138 replies to this topic

#1 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

:D Every little helps as they say and we could all do with some money saving tips and advice. :D

TESCO EVOUCHERS - Try this blog site, the lady updates regularly :)

ELC - 20% discount at The Early Learning Centre. This code works for everything apart from Sale and Star Buy items. BC0809

LITTLEWOODS - Code XX977 will get you 10% off, but only if you're spending over £50! Valid until 30/09/09. Plus all orders at Litlewoods are now FREE DELIVERY too

24 STUDIO - Quote code 027 for free delivery on all orders over £20 at www.24studio.co.uk, valid for one order only until 31st Dec.

VERBAUDET - £10 off your first order. Quote advert code - VHU014 for £10 off your first order at www.vertbaudet.co.uk

LA REDOUTE - £15 off a minimum £20 spend at www.laredoute.co.uk PLUS A free trench coat! Valid until 31/03/2010 on FULL PRICE merchandise only. Quote advert code***RKA014 and ORDER CODE 4703

PLAY.COM are now doing Toys, worth taking a look.

WOOLWORTHS are BACK ONLINE and have Disney Favourites reduced at the moment.

Also - use this link for any internet shopping you do, as ASDf gets a commission from the retailer for every £1 you spend!

Edited by Miss Mac, 08 September 2009 - 04:00 PM.
To add link at request of MAATG

#2 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

WWW.PLAY.COM have just opened a new toy shop and claim to be up to 60% off the RRP. Also they offer free delivery on everything. Might be woth a look. I noticed they do a range of action figures and so on from as little as £2.99.

#3 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

PIZZA HUT - 50% off So it's not so much for Christmas, but it still saves you pounds, pity it doesn't save lbs after you use it mind, :lol:

SOAP NUTS - These can save you ££££ on your washing, they can also be used to make hand soap, shampoo for humans and animals etc, they are supposed to be extremely good for allergy and excema sufferers as they are 100% natural. Another tip: - save the used ones out of the wash and when you have about 3 handfulls simmer in about a litre of water for 30 mins. Cool, strain and bottle the liquid. Dilute well - 50:1 - and it makes a very good organic bug spray for the garden. Free sample

GAME - Are currently slashing prices, in our 2 local stores they have WallE for the Wii for £5 and loads of other games under £10, they had millions of DS games under half price. Think they are getting rid of old stock ready for the Xmas releases. Also they were doing the new 120memory PS3 for £249 with 1 choice of game out of 4, which isn't a bad price :)

Just checked my emails and: -

Register with My Supermarket and get great deals and save at least 20% on your shopping with Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's and Ocado.

SAINSBURYS - £10 off your FIRST shop on orders over £50 with code - YBA6H9JUGDVR, expires 23 September (had this from my supermarket today)

#4 Yes its political

Yes its political

From the Miami Precinct

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Interests:All things CSI, Especially Horatio! Enjoy watching Big Bang Theory. Card making (when I get the time) reading and taking college courses when time allows.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

There is an outlet section on ebay - littlewoods, argos, office, the entertainer.

Had a quick look, could save some money there.

#5 Busyknitter

Busyknitter

Surprisingly young and trendy

• Admin
  • 7,045 posts
  • Interests:I like: music (all kinds), singing (mainly hardcore choral SATB stuff), knitting, The Bible, apples, extremely long novels from the nineteenth century, Farscape. I don't like: being tired, cycling on ice, skipping meals, feeling patronised as a "special needs" mum, liver.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to day to day stuff. So, at the risk of teaching everyone to suck eggs (which before you ask Munchkin is a metaphor which means telling people something really basic that they probably already know :sofa: )

-Buy in bulk. We buy basmati rice in 10kg sacks from an asian grocer. The price fluctuates a bit, but the last one I got cost £13 (which is quite high). We also get loads of basic stuff in lidl; bog roll, tins of tomatoes, pulses etc, etc
- Plan meals ahead (less waste)
-If you are dong a roast, buy a larger joint than you need for the meal and set yourself the challenge of making it last three meals (each one different :lol: ).
- Turn the thermostat down a notch (actually don't even think of putting the heating on for at least another 6 weeks).
- Use your local library
- Always, always handwash bras - makes em last for years.

A quick Google search has just delivered up this website which has lots of good tips.

#6 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

WOOLWORTHS - 50% sale on now. :)

#7 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

ASDA - Asda Baby And Toddler event starts tomorrow the 15th of Sept and is on until the 27th of Sept. Usual bargains to be found.
- Also, most back to school stuff is now reduced, I got paint sets from £4 down to £2 to put away for Xmas. Dvd's are on offer from £1, £3, £5 and up or 3 for £10.

#8 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

GAP - GAP

TESCO DIRECT - New catalogue out, double points awarded on your spend. You can exchange your tesco £vouchers for double in store to spend on toys, clothes and baby things in the Direct Catalogue.
Also saw in store that they are doing an 8ft trampoline with sides for £60.

TRAMPOLINES - Good Offer on a 10ft Trampoline.

#9 emmamoo

emmamoo

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Cake.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hot UK Deals

This website I use all the time. You can find vouchers and freebies and codes for free stuff. There are no pop ups or anything iffy. It's a really good place to get things like extra Nectar Points, money off PizzaExpress lunches and 241 deals etc. Worth a look if you like saving £££.

#10 Nina

Nina

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:48 PM

[size=5][b]:D

Also - use this link for any internet shopping you do, as ASDf gets a commission from the retailer for every £1 you spend!

Was just wondering how this link worked?? How do I use it so ASDf get a commission?

Want to make sure I get it right :)

#11 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

Use that link provided to go into the shops you want to shop at.

So instead of googling ebay, go into there, find ebay and then buy through the ebay link there. The company then give ASDF a %. HTH

#12 lala39

lala39

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Interests:Staying awake

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Tesco online have a couple of Thomas Rail sets half price from
£80, reduced to £40
£40 reduced to £20

#13 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Any Toy Story addictions?

Tesco's have got a half price on Toy Story stuff (thank god this was in time for J's upcoming b/day :whistle )

Toy Story Sale

#14 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Energy Meters from British Gas for Free!!!

Enter EF7 and follow the on screen Q & A's, we should all qualify as our children get DLA. Use your NI number as the reference. :) These usually cost over £45 and you don't have to be a BG customer. :D

#15 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

wow!!! thats fab MAA2G, just in time for the winter as well!!! yayyyy well done for finding that one :applaud

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users