499 replies to this topic

#1 Lux

Lux

Wanted by the police in three counties

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

I couldn't find the old thread for this so starting a new one, as I have just got back into cooking a bit!

Tonight, we are both having pork chops with yummy wholemeal pasta.

I am having mine roasted with tomatoes and basil from the garden, and will be putting some mozarella on it towards the end.

Chick will have his with tinned sweetcorn :)

Looking forward to hearing crazymum's and MAA2G's ... they always make me hungry!
  • Frillitle likes this

#2 emmamoo

emmamoo

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Cake.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

Ha thats brill Lux, well done for starting a new one. I was just thinking about Whats For Dinner, and not seen it in aaaages.

I have a bit o news, I got Matt involved with cooking just now and we just sat down to some pasta carbonara a lá Emma. He tried some bacon for the first time and asked for another bit. I cut up a shallot really weeny so he didn't even notice it was in there.

:excellent

#3 Yes its political

Yes its political

From the Miami Precinct

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Interests:All things CSI, Especially Horatio! Enjoy watching Big Bang Theory. Card making (when I get the time) reading and taking college courses when time allows.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

Ah well the boys had spag bol with hidden veg and garlic cibatta. I had left over homemade chicken korma done in my new toy - I got a pressure cooker and it is FAB! Got some nice stuff planned for next week. And in a bid to get the monkeys eating more am getting them to help in the kitchen. E will put things in the pressure cooker for me. I have got some bread mixes coming in the shopping tommorow, and I will do thoes with them as they are bread fiends!

#4 MAA2G

MAA2G

Jo - MAA2G

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

We're having an indian tonight for a very rare change.

We're having Chicken Tikka Masala, regular Chicken Curry, Pilau Rice, Chips, and 3 different Nanns, thats for all of us mind, we're not two greedy adults.

And I need it, I'm stressed and bloody annoyed right now!!!!

#5 Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Anton du Beke

• Admin
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

I was going to cook Massive Sausage Casserole & chips but the sausages we got from the butcher's last week objected to being cooked. They were released into the wild about half an hour ago & some steak is going in the casserole instead.

Miss Mac is working until 9pm tonight, so Late Night At Work rules apply: double helpings of non-diet food and plentiful supplies of Chateau Corner Shop.

#6 Yes its political

Yes its political

From the Miami Precinct

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Interests:All things CSI, Especially Horatio! Enjoy watching Big Bang Theory. Card making (when I get the time) reading and taking college courses when time allows.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Like your thinking GOM. Nothing wrong with vintage corner shop!

#7 Daffodil

Daffodil

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

sorry girls and guys - i've cheated :blush:

M&S chicken wrapped in posh ham and stuffed with posh cheese with little roast taties and carrots.

Hubbie txted me in his lunch break to say he'd bought M&S ready meal for tea - highlight of my otherwise very boring day!

PS kids had cheese omelette, cucumber and pitta - M&S meal said 'Grown ups only' on the packet.....

#8 Helenhugs

Helenhugs

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

We had stew for dinner :) Squiggle likes to make stew sandwiches but if it means he eats his veg I don't really mind :)
Adults are having a special cupcake for dessert lol but it is our 10yr wedding anniversary :blush:
Hugs

#9 Helenllama

Helenllama

Football Crazy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Interests:too much to fit here

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

i am having a Jacket Potato with Tuna Mayo.

Mostly as for the next week or so I have to use the micro, george, hob, and slow cooker. And nothing else :(

#10 Flower

Flower

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

Regardless of having E throwing his weight around I managed to cook a decent meal. We had Sausages, mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

Usually we like to drink wine in the weekend, but after the day I had I think I'm allowed to pour my self one tonight :whistle

#11 mummylauren

mummylauren

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Cooking and baking, documentaries, Emmerdale!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

Lazy day for us im afraid, pizza for tea! Was up with ds2 half the night then had a mega bad day so thought sod it, pizza it is! :applaud

#12 Lux

Lux

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Well Chick ate the sweetcorn and nearly vomited the wholemeal pasta up after one tiny piece :rolleyes:

He did eat the pork under duress. I was informed 'I don't eat pig, mummy'. Bacon and sausages don't count, apparently!

Everything on separate plates of course! (He has had a raging migraine since the meal - look what happens when mummy gets back to pushing those boundaries!! :blink:)

Mine was yummy!

No harm in cheating! The thread is not called 'What are you hand-making for 5 hours' :whistle

Emmamoo, thats grand news! :excellent

Edited by Lux, 30 September 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#13 Kadenza

Kadenza

Under the table

• The Moderators
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:27 PM

I'm on stage this week, so lunch is the main meal of the day - usually at about 2pm. Then I'll grab an apple before I head out to the theatre & my dinner is something 'picky' when I get in.

Mr O cooked us a lovely stir-fry for lunch & I'm just nibbling on toast & drinking wine as I type.

#14 Yes its political

Yes its political

From the Miami Precinct

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Tonight we have:

US: Homemade pizza, with blue cheese red onion and mushroom and home made garlic and mozzaella bread

Boys: Homemade pizza base with garlic sausage cheese and ham, and the same bread as us.

oh I feel hungry now

#15 Lux

Lux

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Tonight., Chick is going to my friend's house for their curry night, so he will have Korma, Naan and pilau rice if he is well enough.

And me, well I may be having a liquid dinner.:whistle.....can't remember the last time I went out after dark on a Friday night! Need to make the most of it!:gareth

Hurry up and get well, Chick :praying:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users