8 replies to this topic

#1 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

For those who know me you know how much I love Christmas!!

Wanted to talk food yum, yum .

What are you having for Christmas Eve, Day, Boxing Day??

We always have rib roast for Christmas Eve, Turkey Christmas Day and Crispy Duck and Pancakes on Boxing Day or anything else we can just bung in the oven so I can rest my tired old legs.

''

This year I've bought a packet of chestnuts from Sainsbury's that I imagine I am somehow supposed to cook with the turkey so that will be interesting.

Also this year my turkey has giblets. I'm of a mind to just chuck them straight into the bin but would be interested to know what anyone else does with them?!

#2 miami girl

miami girl

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,861 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Not sure what we are having xmas eve yet, but xmas day is the usual roast turkey dinner, and boxing day I am doing a buffet as got all the kids over and friends, really looking forward to that I have to say lol.

• Eggman likes this

#3 imperfect parent

imperfect parent

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,978 posts
  • Interests:horse riding, reading, baking and SEN issues

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

Dh asked me the other day what we were having for Christmas dinner, and was no wiser when I replied the same as last year. :rolleyes:

We now chose what we want, and all eat together. I wish I'd though to do that years ago. That means a strange meal, with some common foods, but at least everyone is happy and relaxed.  As yet the requests aren't in.  Pizza and pasta are likely to be contenders with 3 of us opting for a more traditional Christmas dinner.

Sadly we have been so busy here, not just LA fighting, but also end of term collections, school placement fallure, another appeal to tribunal and more recently a draft statement, not to mention annual reviews and life in general, that I haven't really planned Christmas.  Some things have been done, some food and wine bought, but I'm hoping to get everything under control after collecting DD from university today.  Perhaps I'll have it sorted by New Year.

• Eggman likes this

#4 Tangled

Tangled

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, reading, exercising.

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Hi

We always go to an Uncle's with other family for a Chinese takeaway on Christmas Eve. He's just had a central heating leak though so I might be hosting this year!!

At mother in laws for normal style Xmas lunch but my two boys have pasta or whatever else they fancy for their lunch.

I am doing a light buffet on Boxing Day.

For the first time ever we are going away for a few days from tomorrow until Wed next week, so I've had to be mega organised. I've just finished cleaning so we get back to a pleasant house, all ready for the festivities!

Enjoy everyone xxx

#5 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

IP, it's been a bit like that here too. Christmas just seemed to appear from nowhere as I've been so preoccupied with other things. It's been my year of hell this year and I'll be glad to see the back of it.

You must be so busy on Christmas Day having to cook so many different meals at once! How do you manage to do Christmas Dinner, Pizza and Pasta at the same time!

Tangled, we used to have a takeaway on Christmas Eve too. At least it's one day when you won't be running around everywhere. I don't think men understand how much hard work it all is.

Have a great time away wherever you are going. That's what I've got to do a mad clean over this weekend as going to be busy every day next week until Christmas.

I'm 'babysitting' two of LE's friends on Tuesday for most of the day and early evening. They both have SEN so I'll be absolutely shattered afterwards lol.

#6 tracky2

tracky2

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

Dont know about christmas eve actually this year, will have to put my thinking cap on, but I'm doing the traditional  Turkey Christmas dinner, my sister in law helps with some of the oven stuff.  Its sausages chips and beans for my DS L though, no point as he won't eat traditional anyway.

Then its a day off on boxing day as we always go to mums for another christmas day but this time i get my ham and roast beef and my mums trifle mmmm .... What is it about dinners at your mums house  :)

• Eggman likes this

#7 CarerQuie

CarerQuie

Pillar of the Community

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts
  • Interests:Married with 6 children.Parenting issues,education,ASD.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

Christmas Eve is generally Scampi with something for my Veggie son. Also got a couple of baking Camembert cheeses.

Christmas day will be turkey and trimmings and a gluten free vegetarian Main for my eldest who is coeliac.

Boxing Day-generally help yourself buffet plus the obligatory bubble and squeak.xx

#8 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

CQ, I love camembert with crusty bread yum! Might pick myself up some this evening. We're off to a brand new superstore Waitrose tonight!

#9 maximus prime

maximus prime

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

We're having a capon again this year.It will be referred to as turkey though because dh insists we have turkey for Christmas. I prefer capon and I cook so I choose :P I'll own up at Easter when the capon we have then is cooked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users