• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Its not a subject many are willing to talk about but I know here many go through issues relating to this so hear goes!

Bumbleebee suffers from chronic constipation and is on movicol for it. Even though its easily dissolvable its a challenge to give bumblebee has bounce always wants the drink he has.

Bumblebees school called me today about a home visit that has been pre arranged for next week and it was brought up that they are monitoring weekly how many incidents he has etc and last week he had to spend a total of 4 hours out of class getting changed!! This is quite excessive for him and not sure if he has been reluctant to do so (new school and everything).

I have never been able to get him fully toilet trained and he is now 8, I feel that his in ability to learn and process and put it in action is the b all and end all iykwim!

Bumblebee used to be only able to retain information for no longer than 6 weeks and only increased in year 2. In year 3 he really struggled and made very minimal progress which I thinks is down to him not being able to retain information.

They have offered me a place on a incontinence workshop in October which I am willing to go to has we have never had any help with.

We go through so much dealing with it I wanna be prepared with some ideas on what we can try etc, so what has worked for you and has any attended a incontinence workshop before and what to expect?

#2 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Is he in an SEN school? (sorry I forget)

#3 sonia07

sonia07

Bookworm

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Bumblebee is yes he just started 3 weeks ago mozzy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users