5 replies to this topic

#1 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

Does anyone have a child with Aspergers or High Functioning Autism that makes noises ALL the time! T is constantly making drumming type noises (as in rap ish), or percussion type noises or just clicking with his mouth. It is loud (he has no concept of volume control at all anyway) and really is from 7 in the morning til 11 30 at night and whenever he wakes up - constantly - unless he is talking!!

I know it sounds really silly but I have had it constantly since Friday afternoon now and I am actually finding it a bit stressful! He used to chew everything, especially actually eating holes in clothes - (only just stopped) so I am guessing its some oral type tactile thing - with the chewing he had a chew tube or chewing gum which helped but they have no effect on this!

The other thing he is doing all the time is clicking the joints in his fingers and if you ask him to stop, he starts again and cannot stop til he has clicked them all! This too is becomming a little annoying!

I am finding it easier to cope with all the major issues and aggression than these two niggling annoyances - is that mad?

Would appreciate any advice!

#2 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

I don't have any suggesstions for the repetitive noises, J constantly repeats words all day long, like Buzz, space, saturn, moon, stars. He just keeps saying them words over and over all day long.....

BUT i just wondered maybe his clicking his fingers could be an anxiety thing? have you tried using anti stress balls with him at all? or the squishy gel ones, like these?

#3 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

yes I think the fingers probbaly is and a bit like an OCD thing.... I will dig out his tangles again - good idea! Balls get thrown at people!! lol

#4 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

James isn't diagnosed yet but I'm expecting HF or Aspergers.

He is so loud it drives me crazy. I wouldn't mind so much I don't think if it was the usual noises NT kids make when they are playing but with James it's just screeching and screaming ARGHHHHH I can feel myself getting stressed just typing this. I am forever up and down the stairs asking him to play more quietly.

My CP asked me how long he had been doing it and how long I had been trying to stop him and I said years. She then said that maybe I should put my efforts into something else instead lol but I just can't it drives me up the wall.

He also makes a "mm mm mm" sound when sitting still at the cinema for instance which grates on my nerves and smacks his lips which annoys me too.

It does drive you up the wall doesn't it?

When I actually get him to stop making one noise it is usually replaced by another. I think he has little control over it personally and mostly isn't even aware that he is doing it.

#5 tedybearr

tedybearr

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:07 PM

B has blu-tac for his fingers, used to eat it though but now it does the job.i wish i had a volume button for him sometimes too :angry:

#6 Snickas

Snickas

is in another galaxy

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,061 posts
  • Interests:Astrophysics
    Stargates
    Star Treks
    I'm a huge space freak! lol

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

i wish i had a stop/mute button!!!! The headaches i get just for space, space, space, space over and over and over. If i don't acknowledge him saying space, he says it even louder! yeah i get it, he likes space :wall

Edited by Snickas, 19 October 2009 - 05:14 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users