Autistic Boy Choked To Death
Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:12 PM
Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:28 PM
I remember when my eldest ds (now 25) was a toddler - I never gave him hard sweets but when I took dd for her 6 wk check up the midwife gave him a boiled sweet. I was nervous but reasoned that the midwife knew what she was doing and I was just being over protective so let him have the sweet ----- he did choke on it and it took a hard slap on his back to get it dislodged and out !!!!
Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:38 PM
As parents maybe it is worth investing in first aid courses.
Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:22 PM
Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:01 PM
I'm nervous with lolly's and J is supervised with them. He isn't allowed boiled sweets. I remember as a child a pear drop shooting down my throat and almost getting lodged.
I've actually written a letter of complaint to Swizzles some years back because their lolly's in particular are poorly made.
I always supervise J with lolly's and this day he had one of these and the boiled sweet came away from the stick in his mouth.
They said they would investigate it and got back to me after chasing them up to say they could find no fault with their product.
I had another one of these lolly's myself very recently and exactly the same thing happened to me. I don't buy this brand any more.
Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:13 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users