4 replies to this topic

#1 squidwards mum

squidwards mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi, just wondering what your child gets and is entitiled to. So far I've only seen the CIO cinema concession card, and perhaps discounts of trains, which he won't need, just wondered what other things their kids get, as these things aren't advertised very well. Hes on middle rate and low rate, thanks x

#2 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,845 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Not much to be honest. Carers go free in some attractions such as Lego Land but the DLA is to pay for extra expenses due to the disability so some places say if a carer / an additional carer is needed they should use the DLA.

Its not generally things are not published its that there isnt that many things. And when things have been published (prime example Free Lego Land and Merlin attractions tickets from the scheme Merlins Magic Wand) they are over used, over asked for and then restrictions get put on them.

#3 ChaosCupcake

ChaosCupcake

Part of the furniture

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

if your child is registered disabled theres a bit more, we get a card which allows my son and a companion free bus travel plus I get to go in free with him at swimming pools etc..we also get to borrow dvds and music free from the library

#4 squidwards mum

squidwards mum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

thank you both, I thought that there wasn't much, and yes not complaining as thats what dla is for, but hes starting a club in the hols and it says he gets a card if I bring proof of dla, so he can get it cheaper, so just kind of got me thinking, thanks again x

#5 tedybearr

tedybearr

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

you can get a reduced ratew for a zoo visit . x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users