Flood And Broken Bed!

4 replies to this topic

#1 sonia07

sonia07

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the moment.

Bounce has been getting into our bathroom many atimes and playing with water lately that we have to lock the door, he has been very observant when we do this.

Today I came home after signing up ill 3 to a playscheme for the Easter hols and picking up bumblebee from school totally shattered and wet. Bounce has been having quite a lot of melt downs lately and need to get him in school full time.

While chilling with a cuppa before doing dinner, boys were playing what I thought rather good and into no mischief! Well it didn't take long for kids dad to realise the sound of water ( my hearing ain't been too well of late either) and all of a sudden it was emergency dash. Bounce had locked himself in bathroom again!!!!! ( one of older siblings either forgot to lock it or bounce worked it out) and not just flooded the bathroom but my kitchen, tiolet, and part of my hallway was a water fall!!!!!!

A emergency dash to get water stopped and bounce out of the bath ( who was jumping up and down shouting water!) and cleaning up the bathroom while rest of household came with was buckets and towels etc to clear kitchen etc. while we got to the end of it ill ins were supervised by big foot for 10 minutes while floors were safe and big foot decided to ly on bounce bed and since bounce was on his trampoline at the time he and bumblebee jumped from trampoline onto bed and smashed it.

Thinking nothing else could happen apart from many of my small appliances having to be chucked and emergency electrician being called to check electrics and put emergency lighting in kitchen I thought to myself what can happen now!!! Only another meltdown by bounce has I was busy dealing with electrician and he chucked iPad on floor ( luckily so far it's not broke ) but had to have on/ off button pushed back in and now I find someone has knocked/ smashed part of my door to the dishwasher ( which is less than a year old!).

To say I am at wits end is not the word, was on the phone to my dad and I just couldn't help but laugh about it all,

We are seeing his Paed on Tuesday, but could someone tell me if they think if bounces urgent ( not sure if that's the right word) need for water be a sensory thing and a way of coping for him?????? I just don't know what to do any more and how to help him and not end up with a house completely wrecked and without electric etc every time he is in need of water!!!!

#2 PAC

PAC

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

I pad covers are great, they water proof to. http://www.amazon.co...62772837&sr=8-4

lot cheaper than replacing a full I pad.

Our SS OT fitted us a sure stop switch so you can turn the water off in the bathroom. So you could go that route to, got to think of safety and luck it was not scalding hot water.

Matress on the floor here has stopped beds being broken too.

http://www.sport-thi...nes/art=1278907 he loves it.

Hope you get it all sorted soon, and if you didnt laugh think be living in a padded room alone.

Best wishes

PAC

Got one of these for my son room 

• imperfect parent likes this

#3 frogger

frogger

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Awww...sounds like alot of stuff happening at once, very stressful. Hope you've got it sorted now and it hasn't left you too out of pocket. Little lad went on a bit of a week-long rampage once and broke 4 lamps by jumping on them, three picture frames and pulled the curtains down along with the pole they hung off, and that was after he'd scribbled on them with marker pen. Oh and broke the leg off the coffee table by jumping on it. He was this tiny, two year old at the time. We used to call him baby Hercules!

PAC's advice about a stop switch for water sounds ideal for you as do the other suggestions. Take care.xx

#4 sonia07

sonia07

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Interests:When I get time I like to listen to my music, read and watch movies. And if i am very lucky to get a babysitter go out with the GIRLS!!!!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

The stop switch sounds so ideal, we don't have a OT involved but would like more input on how to deal with his issues and how to keep him safe. It took a hell of a lot of cleaning up and thanks for the electrician we got electric stored quickly before bumblebee and others started getting distressed. It really is getting to me ( bounce getting into bathroom and the need for water), having a big house and many boys it can get very noisy here and I just don't know what he will get up to next. My others are not that observant and understand bounces needs and what he gets up o to tend to them. I went out today to get some locks and my brain was all divery, I just couldn't think straight. It hasn't been a good start to the new year. Hoping our appointment with the Paed will have a better outcome. The triple p course/sleep clinic bounce and I have been reffered to is somewhat useless, it really isn't much help at all.!!!!!! Will be making some notes has to what he gets up to and how he try's to meet his sensory needs hoping for some answers how to help hima :)

#5 dormouse

dormouse

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Reading, baking, sewing.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

What a lot to cope with in one day!

The sure stop switch sounds really good. I wonder if there are any safe ways he can enjoy water play though to meet his sensory needs. Its a pity its not warm out as the obvious ones to me are outdoors so you house stays dry and intact! 

We have a water feature for A. Have you seen the play canal systems http://www.toysdirec...l_systems.html  or the playmobil swimming pool http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00324REN2. Not sure if they would be watery enough for bounce and you'd want a waterproof floor of big waterproof table mat perhaps. Or maybe just a washing up bowl with whisks, pipettes, jugs etc.. unless it would all just get tipped out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users