Photo

Lego Land Date

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Mozzy

Mozzy

Autism is just the modern word for Jedi Knight!

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,990 posts
  • Interests:Art and crafts
    Computers
    Games
    DVDs
    My super pets
    Chatting on MSN

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

I wanted to go to Lego Land as I have not been for nearly 2 years!

Trouble for me and any meet is getting there and support.

Anyway I have found a date I can do and can have support on. I have mentioned it in passing to a few people on MSN who have said its a good date for them so I thought I would post on the forum and see how many others can make it.

Saturday 21st August 2010

Lego Land meets are always a bit complex because different kids like different rides, people want to see and do different things.

So I suggest if anyone can come we do what we have done in the past.

Meet at the main gate at a set time. All say hi to each other, see who wants to do similar things (you know what its like with Autism, one kid has to go on the Viking ride first and has to go on the mono rail first, some like fast rides and some like slow rides).

So then we go off and do what we want to / need to do in groups or on our own whatever suits everyone on the day and then meet up for lunch and a rest and then take it from there.

I will say what I always say;

• Take spare clothes, you will get wet if you go near the water rides.
  • Take a pack lunch or even a sandwich from Tesco or something, the food ques are massive, its over priced, not overly nice sometimes.
  • If you need to stay overnight the Slough Travel Lodge did very well when a few of us stayed in 2008, there is also a Premier Inn near by which is aparently good.
  • Remember your letter with the DX on it, if possible get a letter stating that they cannot que.
  • At the entrance ask for the 'lost kids stickers' You write your mobile number on it and if your kid gets lost its easy to reunite you. (handy tip, stick it on your kids back without them knowing).
  • The gift shop is right by the main entrance, try to avoid it as soon as you arrive, nothing worse than spending ages in it looking first thing or buying and having to carry it round with you)

Thank thats about it, so who is up for that date?? Would be so nice to meet you all.

#2 Eggman

Eggman

How many posts? Get a life!

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hi Munchkin that date may be difficult for us to do as dh has a gig but I'll have a think about it there may be some way round it.

Thanks for all the detail. We've been there a couple of times before on our own but because of the queues we've hardly managed to get on any rides at all as James becomes difficult when having to wait for too long.

Hope I can go but if not hope others do and you all have a fab time.

#3 HISMum

HISMum

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Wish I could come and meet a few of you but it's just too far. :(

ScouseMouse, I'm not sure but maybe they do fast tracking for kids that cant do queues?

#4 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

ScouseMouse, I'm not sure but maybe they do fast tracking for kids that cant do queues?

I think they have some sort of stamp system for children who can't queue but everytime I've been with dh he doesn't want to use it. We've still had a great time though as there are plenty of other things to do but it would be nice for James to go on some of the rides as the loves anything like that so much and the faster the better!

I'm hoping if I can go to leave dh behind then I don't have to worry about getting the stamp for James.

#5 Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobbie Loves Socks

Dobby Loves Socks

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Interests:Cupboards & wardrobes, pairing up socks and ironing.

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Was planning a trip there with Little Bone and dh but unfortunately that date is after ours go back to school.

I may make it before then so thanks for the tips Munchkin!

Laura

#6 Prosecco Queen

Prosecco Queen

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

We'll be there - but may well go round on our own!! To say T not overly sociable would be an understatement!!

2 things - Munch I know from experience of your child has money and HAS to buy a specific piece or box of lego as soon as they arrive, you can leave it in the shop adn collect it on the way home!! If you buy at shops on the way round they will take it to the shop near the exit for collection!!! (get the impression I have a child who can't wait??)

The other is that a couple of us have booked into the Heathrow Premier Inn for the Friday adn Saturday night (it was only £29 a night), 12 miles from legoland - the other Premier Inns nearby were a lot dearer for that date.

if people wanted to we could all have a meal at the Heathrow one in the evening on the Saturday where we might be able to talk to each other a bit more while kids eat etc.... Just a thought but then I have a chold who never gets tired!! lol

#7 Stelu

Stelu

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

We will be there we have Merlin tickets for Lego land yipee. Hope to see those of you can make it :)

#8 goinginsane

goinginsane

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

I think they have some sort of stamp system for children who can't queue but everytime I've been with dh he doesn't want to use it. We've still had a great time though as there are plenty of other things to do but it would be nice for James to go on some of the rides as the loves anything like that so much and the faster the better!

I'm hoping if I can go to leave dh behind then I don't have to worry about getting the stamp for James.

Hi Scousemouse,we went to legoland in June and used the exit pass stamp system and it made the day absolutely great.I thought we might feel embarressed about skipping to the front of the queue but we didn't at all,nobody really paid any attention to it,some people looked but nobody said anything.

My son said he felt really important with his red hand stamp and it was so lovely for him to have fun.We never had to wait for more than 3 minutes,it made our day.You have to use it next time,it really makes a difference.

#9 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Goinginsane - I definately will use it but without dh I'm afraid. There is no way he would agree to use it unfortunately.

I don't really think it's out of embarrassment he just wants to feel like any other family going for a day out. I can sort of understand where he is coming from but unfortuantely we are not like any other family and James misses out and can't enjoy the day fully like other children do.

Really hoping I can go along. Dh said he may be able to drop us off and pick us up again but will probably mean we will have to leave earlier than most, I imagine 5pm at the latest.

No doubt James will have a meltdown when we have to leave lol!

#10 fuina202

fuina202

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Reading, Crochet, Baking, Sci-fi and fantasy TV & Films, Singing & Acting.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

looks like me and my lot will be comming Scousemouse where do you live maybe we could arrange to drop you off

#11 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

looks like me and my lot will be comming Scousemouse where do you live maybe we could arrange to drop you off

We live near Basingstoke :) .

Dh said he should be able to pick us up though and he'd probably get off straight to his gig.

Whereabouts are you?

#12 fuina202

fuina202

Old as the hills

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Reading, Crochet, Baking, Sci-fi and fantasy TV & Films, Singing & Acting.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

we are in Woking so not too far from you at all if you need a lift I'll have 2 spare seats in the car

#13 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

we are in Woking so not too far from you at all if you need a lift I'll have 2 spare seats in the car

I've PM'd you :)

#14 kristina11

kristina11

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

We would be able to make that date. :excellent

#15 Eggman

Eggman

• ASDf Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

We would be able to make that date. :excellent

That's great! Anymore thinking of going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users